Thursday, August 24, 2006

Experimental Joker 2

This is the second experiment in using filters. Its a combination of 3 different images I had in my files. The technique is hard to explain. The basic thing to know is that you can take a picture in Photoshop, use Polar Coordinates under filters/distort. Choose either "rectangular to polar" or "polar to rectangular." Then do whatever you want to the image. You can then add other filters, effects, bring in more source photos, etc. Use Polor coordinates again choosing the other option. This reverts the original image back to the shape it started in, but stretches and warps everything you did. I found this technique when looking for a way to create wind on an image. Unfortunately, I cannot find the original tutorial to provide a proper link and credits to the originator. I have adapted the effect and method to suit my own needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home